Monday, October 19, 2009

Nate's Premier





So Andrew from the last shoot (my last 2 posts) as i mentioned came accompanied by his ex boy friend. I don't normally allow a great majority of people on my sets for many reasons. Not knowing them well they could be thieves, they could be clumsy and break something, they can just be downright distracting, or once in a while they can be quite useful. And by useful, i mean they could either be great emotional support for the model, have an electrical plug for one of my flash units when i have forgotten mine at my studio 40 minutes away (yes this actually happened) or just be attractive enough to model for me. Lucky for me Nate fell into the later category.



I prefaced the shoot with a small speech about keeping order and good scheduling to make sure everything that needed to be shot would get shot, as well as implement Nate into a couple sets also. Of course with the amount of people that were in that small amount of space chaos continued to erupt (see the last couple posts for more story on this conundrum). Good for me, my faithful assistant was on top of it with his handy list and i managed to actually sort out and create many beautiful pieces.



So Nate was something like a blessing, my goal this summer has been to mainstream my portfolio so i can submit to legit magazines for publication. I have worked with many alternative models as well as actors doing creative work as well as studio fashion and been quite happy with my success from that, however i knew that my next step would be to aim higher and target a slightly different audience. Nate was my answer for this, not only is he a dancer by trade (working in places like Tokyo and NYC) but he is also a very experienced model (i mean what good are looks if the model just stands there and doesnt know how to publish his emotions across his face)



As goes with all my brilliant collaborations before Nate, the ideas came out quicker than we could shoot them, however we managed to pull off several successful sets before he had to part for the evening.



Overall a great experience with an extremely talented young creative mind.



Enjoy the photos and lookout for his next set.....



No comments:

Post a Comment